Tuesday, June 15, 2010

IT HAD TO BE GRAMMAR SCHOOL ROAD

There was some amusement when Brigg Town councillors were informed by North Lincolnshire planners of an application relating to Westmoor House, Vale of Ancholme Technical College, on the aptly-named Grammar School Road.
"Planning permission to site a temporary visually impaired classroom" was the cause of the mirth.
Brigg councillors raised no objections to the classroom, and the North Lincolnshire authority will now decide whether to approve the application.
North Lincolnshire Council's website still carries the same, incorrect wording; perhaps the structure of the sentence could be reworked by someone.
Nothing further from me in case I split an infinitive or dangle a participle. Can you still do that in Brigg?

3 comments:

Ken Harrison said...

I can't see what the problem is, Nige.
If it's only temporary, then,the way I visualise it, planning permission is required for a short sited classroom.

Easy!

Ken Harrison said...

I dunno about dangling your infinitives in Brigg, Nige.

In the past, I tried expressing me gerunds outside Tesco...but some passing women hit me with a french stick and went away giggliung saying that she had been more impressed when she was at school.

But that was in the past, I dunno what the present situation is. You'll have to go to Brigg to try, Nige.

In the future, you'll have to let me know how you got on.

blogdigimark said...

1)Strict rules and implementation of the laws
2) the people must realize themselves and respect the laws
3)good roads and maintenance by the Government
If the above go perfectly the accidents will be reduced.

Divorce Lawyer Los Angeles
Divorce Attorney Los Angeles