Friday, May 08, 2009

LAST POST

Unfortunately this will be my final entry on Brigg Blog, as my post at the Scunthorpe Telegraph (production editor) will not exist after today.
The Blog has proved very popular and hopefully has proved interesting to you over the months it's been running.
Brigg Blog has been something I've really enjoyed doing, and I think we've covered a good range of topics - some old, some new.
Someone connected with the council once told me it was THE place to visit to find out what was going on in the town, which was a real compliment.
I haven't got any other work fixed up at present, so if you know someone, or some business, with an opening, please ring 01652 655134 or drop me an email to scoopfisher@aol.com
If you are a contact who is used to ringing me on the company mobile, please note you won't be able to do so after 5pm today, as I'll be handing it back.
All the best. And, as they say: Over and out!

6 comments:

AlisonK said...

I'm sorry to hear that.

All the best for the future.

Bumpkin said...

good luck for the future. The blog has kept us informed about items that didn't make other news outlets.

GMSmith said...

Good luck in your 'retirement' Nigel they broke the mould when they made reporters like you .
Keep sticking in with the cricket , we finally got a comprehensive reporting system for local cricket then its chopped .

I'm gonna have to do some work now rather than reading Brigg Blog every day. What will me and Ken find to complain about now..... ???

Best wishes Bottler.

Unknown said...

Please drop me a line if you decide to blog about Brigg personally. It's been a pleasure reading about 'back home'

tracy said...

So sad to hear this. Good Luck, your boots will be hard to fill.

Bill said...

Yes, I too am sorry not to have you blogging about local Brigg news. Thanks for all your past post and info, and I too urge you to start a private blog, you do it so well.

A far away fan of your's,
William in Puerto Rico