Monday, September 08, 2014

TRIBUTE TO BRIGG GRAMMAR SCHOOL TEACHER

Another tribute has been received to John Slack, who taught at Brigg Grammar School. 
John's obituary appeared on Brigg Blog some time ago.
Richard Rogers tells us: "John was one of the most inspirational teachers I knew. He somehow had that knack of relating to the pupils and getting his enthusiasm across. He sparked my interest in Geology that is still there to this day. Many of the rock samples I collected on the Isle of Arran and on the tour to North Cape are still cluttering the shelves of my office along with others from around the world. It is some 40 years since I last saw him but obviously he made a great impact."
Richard describes himself as B.Sc.,C.Eng., M.I.Struct.E..... plus O and A level Geology!
Read February's tribute to John Slack, as posted on Brigg Blog

No comments: