The number of entries received for the annual Brigg Best-Kept Garden & Allotment Competition is to be revealed during the Town Council's monthly meeting, to be held on Monday, July 23, 2018, in the Angel Suite, starting at 7.15pm.
Members of the public are welcome to attend and Public Question Time is on the agenda (see below).
There has been a major change to the competition this year, with townsfolk now being offered the chance to make nominations, rather than councillors touring the town to draw up a shortlist.
The closing date for entries was July 15; winners in the various categories will be announced, and trophies and certificates presented, in September.
BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED
1. TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES AND TO APPROVE REASONS FOR ABSENCE.
2. a) To consider the suspension of the Meeting for the Purpose of Prayer.
b) To Resolve that Standing Orders be reinstated
3. a) To Record any Declarations of Interest by any member of the council in respect of the agenda items listed below.
b) To note any dispensations given to any member of the council in respect of the Agenda Items listed below.
4. Police Matters
5. To receive any correspondence
6. To receive updates on any outstanding issues from the clerk.
7. Public Question Time
8. To Receive any Questions from Members.
9. To Receive a report from the North Lincolnshire Ward Councillors.
10. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS.
i. To approve the minutes of Full Council held Monday 25 June 2018
ii. To note the minutes of Planning Committee, Monday 25 June 2018
iii. To note the minutes of the Personnel Committee, Monday 9 July 2018
11. To receive reports from members delegated to serve on outside bodies and working groups.
- Masterplan and Arches
- Millennium Green and Holocaust Memorial
- Angel Suite Review
- Grass Cutting
- Brigg in Bloom
- Litter Picking Group (allocation of areas)
- Christmas Lights Switch On
- Young Person’s Award
- Garden Competition Entries
- War Memorial Names Additions
13. To agree the arrangements for participation in the Brigg Flower Festival
14. To agree to the change of date of the 2019 Annual Meeting, due to the election.
15. ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
a) To Receive the following Financial Reports as at 30 June 2018 and Approve the Accounts for Payment:
- Full Council Accounts
- Angel Suite Accounts