Tuesday, October 03, 2017

BRIGG 10K POPPY RACE 2017 ENTRIES NOW BEING TAKEN


Brigg Blog is very pleased to report that entries are now being accepted online for the annual Brigg 10k Poppy Race 2017 and and accompanying Military Challenge.
There's been some delay this year in getting the entry system under way. 

But it's now all systems go!
The event will be held in the morning on Sunday, October 29 and the route remains from Brigg to Cadney and back.
Up to 500 people can run, the cost to enter being £18.50p.

THE CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES  IS GIVEN AS OCTOBER 13.
In addition to the traditional fun 10k there's a military section in which the competitors carry kit on their backs to make the course even more demanding.
On your marks and get set! 

This link takes you straight to the entries page.
As we right this, more than 50 runners have already signed up in a short time.  Expect that number to grow rapidly and quickly.
Proceeds from the 10k will be donated to the Brigg & District Branch Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal -  a very worthy cause.





2 comments:

Ken Harrison said...

No need for me to enter this race, Nige...with my speed afoot, (even carrying a caber) I'd put the rest to shame!
But very worthwhile event to watch and cheer....all for a good cause..
Better if I reflect in the imaginary glories of the past, Scoop....I did win the school's 100 yard sprint in 19....er something...

Ken Harrison said...

No need for me to enter this race, Nige...with my speed afoot, (even carrying a caber) I'd put the rest to shame!
But very worthwhile event to watch and cheer....all for a good cause..
Better if I reflect in the imaginary glories of the past, Scoop....I did win the school's 100 yard sprint in 19....er something...