Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A TOUCH OF FROST IN BRIGG CATCHES OUT THE WEATHER MEN

We deliberately checked the weather forecast  last night before going to bed and there was no suggestion of temperatures below freezing this morning. Yet, before 7am the car parked in the drive was thick with frost. 
It's clearly time for us to dig out the trusty pine cone and put it on the windowsill. More reliable,  perhaps, than the high-tech way of doing things! 
Just as well we bought some de-icer in Brigg Tesco on Sunday...even if, due to roadworks, it took us five times as long as it normally would.

1 comment:

Ken Harrison said...

I use my trusty weather rock, Nige.
If I look out the window and see that the rock is wet, I assume it is raining; when it is dry, it is not raining....and when it is covered, it must be snowing.....if it ever occurs that I can't see the rock, I'll guess that we've had a hurricane.
Just keep things simple.