Friday, February 24, 2012

BRIGG COUNCIL TAX IN PERSPECTIVE


As I was posting a list of council tax charges for 2012/13 onto the Brigg People website earlier, it struck me that I am now paying considerably more in council tax than I earned (gross) in an entire year when I started paid employment in 1974.
All in all, North Lincolnshire Council, which takes most of what we pay as householders, gives pretty decent value for money as far as I'm concerned, with highways, street lighting, refuse collection and street cleaning, schools, etc.
On the latter topic, I noticed Lol - Brigg's long-serving, brush-and-shovel neighbourhood services man - over the border in Scawby Brook the other day. Seemed like he'd been visiting Ancholme Leisure Centre.
How many miles does he cover in an average week?
Ken Harrison took this pic of Lol on the River Ancholme towpath some time ago.
Find out all the Brigg council tax bands for 2012/13 by visiting Brigg People through the link below...





brigg people

“YOURS TRULY” IS THE COMMUNITY PUBLISHER. YOU CAN REGISTER WITH THE SITE AND THEN UPLOAD YOUR OWN NEWS, SPORT AND VIEWS.

1 comment:

Ken Harrison said...

You were in paid employment well before 1974, Scribs!...
Weren't you a paper-boy once?
.....and you're still on the light side....don't get blown away!