Thursday, August 29, 2013

SYRIA CRISIS UPDATE FROM THE BRIGG AND GOOLE MP

Andrew Percy MP outside his office in Bigby Street, Brigg

Andrew Percy - the MP for Brigg ang Goole - has emailed many people in our area  with an update on the situation about Syria and what action the UK may take.
Andrew says: "Since I e-mailed out a couple of days ago asking your views on Syria, I have been inundated with responses from local residents. I have tried to reply individually to as many of these as possible, but if I have not yet got around to replying to yours, please accept my apologies.
"The vast majority of respondents tell me that they oppose military action at this time. Perhaps because of this concern, the motion before the House of Commons today is significantly different to what we originally expected. The House of Commons this afternoon is not being asked to vote on military action, such a vote will now take place at a different time. I welcome this retreat and I’m enclosing a copy of the motion before the House of Commons today. I would welcome your feedback on this motion as I now agree with much in it, and also welcome the fact that support for it would not authorise military action. However, there is still a mention of possible military action in the future, albeit there would have to be another vote of Parliament before such action."
This is only a brief extract from Andrew's update. You can email him - andrew.percy.mp@parliament.uk

No comments: