Wednesday, January 23, 2013

BRIGG ANNOUNCEMENT: COMMUNITY PASTOR - A NEW SOCIAL INITIATIVE

Coun The Rev Alec Depledge 

On October 10th 2012 around 3am an idea propelled itself into my sleep-addled brain, which has occupied many of my waking thoughts since: ‘You could become a community pastor‘. 
Thoughts began flashing across the screen of my mind in HD resolution … befriending people, offering crisis care, providing spiritual support, supporting businesses through a chaplaincy arrangement, conducting ceremonies (e.g. marriage blessings and funerals). I cherished many vivid scenarios unfolding before me.
In following months I began a process of discussing this concept with strategic people, eager to gauge their reactions. Church leaders, businessmen, councillors, council employees, and friends were drawn into my deliberations. I was grateful to hear from them, allowing their perspectives to shape and refine my thinking – and no red light came, only green.
Consequently, I’m excited to introduce this venture publicly: endeavouring to raise awareness, attract a response, and enable me to start providing a quality service, which I hope will enhance our community’s well-being …
I’ve also launched a ‘blog’ – Community Pastor – describing the initiative, and to which I’d recommend a visit, at http://alecdep.wordpress.com
There you will find my contact details. If you wish to benefit from such a service don’t hesitate to get in touch – Community Pastor exists to serve.
Rev Alec Depledge,
January 2013


DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN NOW READ MORE INTERESTING NEWS  ABOUT BRIGG AND DISTRICT BY VISITING THE BRIGG PEOPLE WEBSITE?


No comments: