Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I THOUGHT I SAW A....

Although certainly no bird-watcher, I thought I glimpsed my first house martin of the spring early this morning, very high in the sky over Cary Lane.
Given the cold, damp weather, the little bird must have been wishing it had stayed in Africa, rather than flying all the way over to Brigg.
Maybe Blog readers can confirm earlier 2009 sightings of swallows and martins.
The swifts - such summer favourites in the Central Square/East Parade area - usually arrive a few weeks after their close relatives.
Please post your sightings here, or email nigel.fisher@gsmg.co.uk

1 comment:

Ken Harrison said...

.....like you, Nige, I'm not a twitcher....the only thing I get in my garden are a few penguins. A couple flew in the other day and are now nesting in the holly tree!!!
Met a guy, buying loads of cheap bread from Tesco, the other day...feeds his geese gaggle with it....also said that he has a number of species of woodpecker visiting his garden in Limber.

I wonder if the penguins like pilchards?