Friday, October 26, 2007
OUR BEST BITS - YOU DECIDE
Brigg has now received the plaque to mark coming third in the annual best-kept town competition for the area. Town Mayor Coun Michael Doherty showed it to councillors at the monthly meeting of the town council. Independent judges visited our town to do the marking.
Obviously we've no idea of the judges' specific thoughts, or conclusions, but this topic set me thinking about a shortlist of Brigg's most attractive features.
1) River Ancholme, particularly the section down Cadney Road/Elwes Street, and on the Manley Gardens side.
2) Buttercross/Tourist Information Centre.
3) Pedestrianised area of Wrawby Street/College Yard/Chapel Court.
4) Copse off Station Road, behind the Prep School (don't suppose the best-kept town judges located that one!). We've pictured this above.
5) A18 approach to the town along tree-lined Wrawby Road.
6) 17th century part of Sir John Nelthorpe School (original grammar school building, as viewed from Grammar School Road.
7) The Monument, especially with its super display of flowers (in season).
Do you agree with my list? If not, think up your own and email it through.