A new allotments site will be established in Brigg over the coming months - on part of the Woodbine Park children's play area.
These plots will replace the long-established ones off Grammar School Road - an area of the town earmarked for redevelopment at some point in the future.
North Lincolnshire Council is working with Brigg Town Council to establish the new allotments, which will be accessed from Preston Drive.
Brigg Town Council manages and rents out allotments and a meeting is shortly to be held with tenants who will be moving to the new site.
Details of where the various plots will be located should become clearer in the not too distant future.
Brigg Blog went down the other day to take a look. There's little sign of movement at the present although some clearance work has clearly taken place near the park's boundary.
It's always nostalgic to return to this site for people who lived in the post-war prefabs that were here before it became a play area. There were many of them arranged in neat rows, with an access road through the middle. We lived at No. 16 from 1956 to late 1962. The last of the bungalows was removed in the early 1970s.
|Evidence of clearance work near the perimeter of Woodbine Park.|
|The entrance to Woodbine Park from Preston Drive.|
|Perhaps the last time Brigg Blog will take a photo of the existing allotments on Grammar School Road, which are to be replaced later this year.|
|An area of Woodbine Park previously occupied by some of the prefabs, including our family's which stood roughly in the middle of this view; the backs of houses on Hawthorn Avenue are to the right.|