Much interest was shown in Brigg Blog's recent and preliminary preview of Barnetby Scarecrow Festival, coming up this weekend.
Ken Harrison, who contributed the original piece, and village resident Dawn Bolder, have now supplied addition information.
- Scarecrows to be on display no later than 1pm on Saturday, August 12. Judging will take place at 3pm that day.
- The festival will take place on Sunday, August 13, from 11am, at St Barnabas' Church.
- Trail maps will be available from 11.00am on the day at a cost of £1.00 per family.
- Wuff’s & Scruff’s 2017 Competition with prizes for the Best Looking Dog, Dog of Character (scruffiest, not so pretty dog), Prettiest Puppy.
- From these winners there will be a final with a grand prize for the overall winner Wuffs & Scruffs Champion 2017.
- Judging will take place at 2.30pm - Becky Lennox, from Barnetby Kennels, being the judge. Becky has generously donated a first prize for Wuffs & Scruffs Champion 2017 - a free week of full boarding at the kennel. Entry fee £1 (maximum one dog per family, please).
- Please contact Dawn Bolder for entry details (owner's name, dog's name).
- Table top sale £2.50 per table. If you would like to run a table top sale, please contact Dawn.
- Table set up time from 9.30am. (No cars, it's not a car boot).
- Tombola, Raffle, Lucky Dip, Free art activities and free outdoor games for kids.
- Refreshments available in church hall at a small cost - coffee/tea/juice, cake, hot dogs, ice lollies, etc.
- All donations of cakes/ tombola or raffle prizes for the event will be greatly appreciated.
- St Barnabas' Church, Barnetby Silver Band and St Barnabas' School will benefit from the event's proceeds.
- Remember that you can take the train from Brigg to Barnetby and back on Saturdays. The first two leave Brigg are at 9.26am and 1.30pm. Return trains leave Barnetby station at 11.41am, 3.48pm and 7.02pm.